Jet boat - KJet
Jet boat - KJet
Roar out of the Bay
Massive engines roar as the iconic ‘big yellow’ KJet boat tears out of beautiful Queenstown Bay, spins three-sixty degrees then darts across the pristine waters of Lake Wakatipu and towards an unforgettable experience along two of New Zealand’s most action-packed scenic rivers. Travelling approximately 43-kilometres in an hour-long round trip the driver first heads for the Kawarau River confluence where along the way passengers can take in spectacular mountain backdrops, ever-changing alpine scenery and Queenstown’s multi-million dollar lakeside properties before dropping into Lake Wakatipu’s only known outlet, the Kawarau River. After navigating the rapids under the bridge, the Jet boat skims across the tranquil waters of the Kawarau River, reaching speeds of up to 85 km per hour narrowly avoiding tiny islands and willow-lined embankments. Then it’s full speed into the shallow, fast moving braids of the Shotover River. Flashing past shimmering sand cliffs and through crystal clear waters often less than 10cms deep, passengers hold tight onto heated hand-rails and feel the adrenaline surge as the driver dodges sandbanks, rock faces and spins three-sixties to a soundtrack of laughing and screaming passengers.
Driven by 50 years of passion, KJet is the original Queenstown Jet boat operation. It’s an unforgettable experience that offers huge excitement as well as insight into local and historic knowledge about the gold-rich Shotover River, the majestic Southern Alps landscape and native New Zealand wildlife. Passengers return to the Main Town Pier in Queenstown Bay, in style - bumping waves, dodging mark points and pulling up in a three-sixty spin.
Stepping out of the boat, guests descend beneath the surface of the lake into the fascinating Underwater Observatory to view photos of their trip and also the fascinating world beneath the waterline. There’s time to watch Queenstown’s natural marine life in action - diving ducks, eels and massive Rainbow and Brown Trout before a return to the real world.
- One hour of Jetboating on the Shotover and Kawarau rivers
- FREE entry into Queenstown’s Underwater Observatory
- 60 minute jetboat ride
- Every hour on the hour, 365 days a year, 8am till dusk
- Departs from Main Town Pier at the bottom of the Mall
- Minimum age is 2 years old
- Children 2 - 5 years old travel for free
- Wear a warm jacket or fleece, casual footwear, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Bring your camera
- We can look after your bags
- Photos of your adventure can be purchased after your trip
- Spray jackets are provided as well as beanies and gloves in winter months
- Book the 9am (10am in winter) early bird special and save $11 per adult