Heli Skiing - Harris Mountain Heliski
Heli Skiing - Harris Mountain Heliski
It's the ultimate snow experience for a skier or boarder. Interested? Then let us take you into the heart of the Southern Alps - a world above and beyond all others ……………
You're standing in the middle of an untouched powder-kissed paradise; you click in to your bindings, take a deep breath of pure mountain air and contemplate the majesty of your surroundings. You push off and glide into exhilaration. Powder flies, adrenaline pumps and you soon become a tiny figure amongst the immense silence of the mountain world. At the bottom the helicopter awaits to lift you effortlessly to the top of another peak. Your guide will lead you to the day's best snow conditions, then at lunchtime a gourmet picnic with an unbeatable view then it's time to do it all again.
This is heli-skiing - the perfect escape from the everyday. The perfect way to recharge your senses
You may be a first time heli-skier or a max vert regular, it doesn't matter. With exclusive access to terrain stretching from Queenstown to Mt Cook, Harris Mountains Heli-ski (HMH) will find the perfect terrain to suit your ability. We are the only QUALMARK rated heli-ski business in the Southern Lakes Region so you can be assured of a high level of quality and service with Harris Mountains Heli-ski.
Harris Mountains Heli-ski operate in New Zealand's stunning Southern Alps surrounding the international resort towns of Queenstown, Wanaka and into the Mount Cook National Park region.
HMH's heli-skiing terrain is vast. We ski over 400 runs from 200+ peaks in 7 separate mountain ranges covering over 3000 square kilometres. Runs vary between 2000 to 3500 vertical feet of treeless skiing in sheltered basins, bowls and wide rolling mountain flanks through to steep and gnarly chutes. HMH's operations include the famous Harris Mountains, Buchanans Range and Mount Cook region, New Zealand's highest mountain.
How well do I have to ski to go Heli-skiing?
Ideally you are a strong intermediate skier/boarder or better, with a sense of adventure. Harris Mountains Heli-ski (HMH) has exclusive access to extensive terrain in Queenstown, Wanaka and Mount Cook. Easy rolling terrain for powder first timers, wide open bowls and challenging chutes with steep valleys for the more experienced. You'll be part of a group of four led by a guide who is committed to your safety and enjoyment of this alpine environment. Please take a look at our Ability Questionaire to find out your level.
Heli-ski / Heli-board Guides
Our guides are the best in the business. Over twenty-five years of operation has honed the skills of our professional and dedicated team. Our Guides are UIAGM / NZMGA certified and/or specialists in mountain safety. They are chosen for their ability to provide you with an exciting and memorable Heli-Ski experience. Every winter, all guides attend our pre-season intensive safety-training course. In addition to their technical qualifications, they have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a genuine love of the sport of skiing. Languages spoken by our guides include Japanese, French, Spanish and German.
- Qualified Guide (guide to guest ratio 1:4 skiers/boarders)
- All Guides UIAGM and NZMGA certified
- Alpine buffet lunch
- Use of tranceivers
- All Transfers from accommodation to heli staging areas and return
- Pick up and drop off of you rental equipment
- Video service available at your request
- All Day
- Early morning start (depending on weather)
- Operates during winter months only (July - Sept)
- Pick up from your Queenstown or Wanaka accommodation
- Mountain weather can be harsh and unpredictable. Early in the morning, our Head Guide will evaluate the snow and weather information and decide if conditions are suitable for heli-skiing to operate. We will ring you at your accommodation to confirm if weather conditions allow us to operate
- Buffet lunch provided
- Operates during winter (July - September)
- Bring your ski/board or hire equipment
- Bring warm clothing including windproof Jacket and pants, warm gloves, sunglasses or goggles, sunscreen and camera
- It is wise to book well in advance
- Extra runs are available subject to conditions and agreement from a minimum of three clients per group
- Check out the Ability Questionaire to establish your heli ski level
- You will be skiing/boarding with others of a similar ability
- PRIVATE HELISKI CHARTERS ARE AVAILABLE
Everything Travel Group Staff Comments
You have to heliski at least once in your life.... and this is the place to do it!
This activity is not cheap but it is money well spent given that you'll never.... ever.... forget the experience.