Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Aerotow Hang Gliding Glenorchy
Aerotow Hang Gliding Glenorchy
The settlement of Glenorchy is surrounded by the most spectacular scenery, and flying gracefully overhead on an aerotow hang glider is a simply unforgettable experience. Imposing snow-capped mountains, serene lakes and world famous national parks are a sight to behold from the air, and it is clear why Glenorchy was chosen as a backdrop for films such as The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and Wolverine.
Only the most advanced aerotowing methods are used by Skytrek, so you can be sure that your hang gliding adventure will be as safe and as comfortable as possible. Tandem hang gliders can accommodate two people, a passenger and an experienced pilot. A “tug” or specially designed tow plane takes off towing the tandem hang glider behind it, lifting it into the air to the desired altitude and then releasing it. Unlike hill launching, which limits the height at which the hang glider takes off, aero-towing places no limits on how high the hang glider can be towed and where it can be released.
- Return transfers from central Queenstown to Glenorchy
- 20-30 minute hang gliding flight
- Digital photos are available to purchase after flight
- Allow 4 hours
- 9am, 1pm (May-June)
- 9am, 11am, 1pm & 3pm (July-Sept)
- Operates during the winter months only (May - Sep). In summer see Hang Gliding
- Departs from Ziptrek Ecotours office, 45 Camp Street, central Queenstown
- Operates during winter only from May to September. If you are wanting to hang glide during the summer months please click on the following link: Skytrek Hang Gliding
- Warm clothing & sturdy footwear recommended
- Gloves, flight suits & neck warmers will be provided however wearing multiple warm layers is recommended as temperatures can be cold during winter
- Digital photos are available to purchase after flight. They are taken by the pilot using a specially mounted Go-Pro camera pole that captures you, your pilot & the amazing scenery around you
- Flights average 20 to 30 minutes
- Maximum weight is 100kgs
- Suitable for ages 10 to 90. Passengers aged 16 or under require parental consent
- Spectators may come along with a fare paying passenger for $50 per person or self drive to Glenorchy (45 mintues from Queenstown)
Prices & Options
Hang Gliding Tandem Aerotow Flight: NZD$299.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: good
Easy to book.
Product rating: good
The glass bottom boat tour was too quick and there isn't much else to do on the island if you can't snorkel or dive.
Latest Questions about Aerotow Hang Gliding Glenorchy
How much is Video/Photos after the flight?
Does it depend on the pilot for the price?
It mentions the trip has one free video, is it means a DVD will be given to participants?
96% of new customers that used Everything Queenstown to provide advice and securely book their Queenstown activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.