Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Bike Tours - Bike the Wineries
Gibbston Valley Wineries by Bike
Cycle among the vines of Queenstown's famous wine region, Gibbston Valley, and enjoy 8+ wineries at your leisure over 15-23km. Enjoy the full or half day self guided winery bike tour and soak up the spectacular scenery this region has to offer.
Full Day Self Guided Winery Bike Tour (up to 23km riding)
Begin your Full Day Self-Guided Tour in the historic gold-mining village of Arrowtown. Ease into your day with a cafe stop first or get straight into it with a ride along the Arrow River Trail until it meets the Kawarau River. Bike along the original Miners Trail and cross the Kawarau Suspension Bridge, the home of the original bungy, before hitting the Gibbston Valley.
Bike the Gibbston River Trail at your leisure and stop off where you like. You will be provided with an informative trail map to visit as many of the 8+ wineries located throughout this 9kms stretch of trail as you like. You can choose to treat yourself to lunch en-route at one of the wineries and experience the delicious flavours of Gibbston Valley (own expense) or take a picnic lunch with you to enjoy along the way.
At the end of the day you will be collected from Gibbston Tavern and taken back to Queenstown.
Half Day Self Guided Winery Bike Tour (up to 15km riding)
If you are short on time while in Queenstown then you can do half day tour instead. This is essentially the same as the full day tour however instead of starting in Arrowtown you will be dropped at the Miners Trail and bike 5km into Gibbston Valley. You will then be able to explore the wineries at your leisure before getting collected from the Gibbston Tavern at the end of the day.
- Return transfers from central Queenstown
- Mountain bike
- Safety helmet
- Map of trail
- Exclusive winery deals
- Full Day Self Guided Winery Tour - allow 8 hours
- Half Day Self Guided Winery Tour - allow 4 hours
- Full Day Self Guided Winery Tour - 9am (returns 5.15pm)
- Half Day Self Guided Winery Tour - 1pm (returns 5.15pm)
- Departs from your central Queenstown accommodation or meet outside The Station Building
- Operates daily all year (half day tour only operates in summer)
- Children's bikes, kiddie bike seats & kids half bikes available. Kids under 5 years old put in a kiddie seat with mum or dad and are charged at the infant rate of $50 which also includes the car seat for transfers to & from town
- The Half Day tour only runs during the summer months from October to April. During the winter months the Full Day tour finishes at 4pm
- Please note wine tastings are not included. Prices vary from winery to winery from $5 - $15 at each vineyard
- The Half Day Winery Tour does not include pick up from accommodation & instead you will need to meet outside the The Station Building in central Queenstown
- Lunch is not included so bring with you a picnic lunch or money to purchase lunch at one of the wineries
- Bring with you comfortable footwear, suitable clothing (ideally shorts, riding pants or tights), rain jacket, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle, camera, money for photos
Prices & Options
Half Day Self Guided Tour:
- adult NZD$80.00
- child (5-14yrs) NZD$65.00
- infant (0-4yrs) NZD$50.00
Full Day Self Guided Tour:
- adult NZD$95.00
- child (5-14yrs) NZD$75.00
Genuine Customer Reviews powered by
Service rating: excellent
Received booking confirmation straight away and all was correct. Will use Everything Travel Group again.
Product rating: excellent
Fun tour and not expensive. Thanks guys!
Service rating: good
I love the trip.
Product rating: good
I love the trip.
Latest Questions about Bike Tours - Bike the Wineries
If it rains on the day we have reserved, can we reschedule for another day?
We have a 6 month old and were wondering if there is a bike setup available to bring him along?
96% of new customers that used Everything Queenstown to provide advice and securely book their Queenstown activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.