Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Queenstown on foot
Queenstown on foot
There is perhaps no better way to experience the wonders of Queenstown and its pristine environment and spectacular scenery than on foot. Enjoy the fresh country air in a temperate hospitable environment, while you enjoy a guided walking tour through some of the world’s most beautiful scenery. Touring the Queenstown area on foot offers a variety of options to suit all tastes. The region’s flora and fauna are spectacular and you really must take the opportunity to see it up close, by taking one of the many walking tracks around the area. A guided tour along some of Queenstown’s best walking tracks will ensure you make the most of your walk. You can indulge in a pleasant nature walk; take an overnight hiking trip, or perhaps do something a little more extreme like abseiling, rock climbing or snowshoeing. Regardless of which option you choose, you’ll benefit from the exercise and cool, clean mountain air that Queenstown is famous for.
Some walking tours worth considering include:
- Guided Walks | Wilderness Guided Walks – Half and full day guided tours take you through the breathtaking wilderness of the Mt Aspiring National Park, Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area and Wakatipu Basin. These tours offer spectacular unforgettable views. A local guide will give you all the local information about the area’s history and wildlife.
- Milford Track Day Walk | Real Journeys – This one day guided hike along what Rudyard Kipling once called “the finest walk in the world” will allow you to experience the very best of what the Milford track has to offer. The entire track takes four days to hike, but this tour will take you to the very best parts of this beautiful wilderness area.
- Snowshoeing | Guided Nature Walks – A winter highlight is the snowshoeing tours run by Guided Nature Walks. Snowshoeing is simply walking through the snow, aided by specially designed snowshoes that prevent you from sinking in deep snow. Half and full day tours are run from Queenstown and allow you to really experience the majesty and wonder of Queenstown in winter. Snowshoeing is easy to master and does not take hours of practice to learn. Groups are kept to small numbers to allow for everybody’s tastes and needs.
- Lord of the Rings Tour | Paradise Safaris – This four and a half hour trip will take you into some of the most memorable locations from infamous movies, such as the Lord of the Ring series, Wolverine, The Water Horse, Willow and The Chronicles of Narnia series. You will be able to pose with movie props from Lord of the Rings as well as enjoy the magnificent scenery and atmosphere of the gorgeous Paradise Valley.
- Guided Walks | Adventure Walks – These walks will take you to some of New Zealand’s most isolated and pristine areas. The scenery is stunning and the feeling of being part of nature is overwhelming as you are taken into parts of New Zealand where very few will ever visit. This is truly getting away from it all. Trips can be a full day or for two days.
Queenstown is a beautiful place, seeing it up close on foot is an experience that will stay with you forever.
Add a comment
96% of new customers that used Everything Queenstown to provide advice and securely book their Queenstown activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.