Easy to book - Secure Online Payments - Instant email confirmation - Flexible to make changes
Mountain Biking - Fat Tyre Heli Biking
Mountain Biking - Fat Tyre Heli Biking
Take a thrilling helicopter ride over some of the most stunning scenery you’ve ever seen and then disembark at the start of an exhilarating mountain biking adventure. If that sounds like fun to you, then you’ll love heli biking!
Full Day Nevis Helibike (allow 7 hours)
This amazing full day adventure begins with an unbelievable 15 minute flight that takes you over isolated Nevis Valley and over the jagged Remarkables Range. Land at an altitude of 1,700 metres on the craggy, otherworldly surface of the Old Woman Range. Ride to the bottom via steep rising and falling trails and technical single track. This ride is suitable for intermediate riders and is not overly difficult. Most riders should be able to enjoy this adventure, which is also Fat Tyres’ first and most popular heli bike activity. Your journey concludes deep in one of the loveliest wine growing areas and Pinot Noir producers in the world.
Half Day Cardrona Helibike (allow 4 hours)
After enjoying an amazing flight lasting 10 minutes that takes you over the impressive Kawarau valley and into the Pisa Conservation Area, land on a barren, isolated knoll offering incredible panoramic views some 1,600 metres above sea level. Take the challenging, rocky, rugged and steep single track trail to Touhys Saddle, wide open agricultural land and finally the heart of the valley. As your ride draws to a close you may opt for a pit stop at the historical, quaint Cardrona Park for an ice cold beer before returning to Queenstown. This trail is classified as intermediate and showcases a rollicking singletrack trail and a thrilling descent.
- Return transfers from your accommodation or central Queenstown
- Scenic helicopter flight
- GT Force 3 full suspension mountain bike, helmet & gloves
- Guided moutain biking adventure
- Full Day Helibiking - allow 7 hours
- Half Day Helibiking - allow 4 hours
- Pick up from your hotel or central Queenstown
- Operates during summer only (Nov - Apr)
- Suitable for those who have mountain biked before & have some experience
- We supply full suspension bikes, helmet, gloves & snacks
- If you have your own bike please mention in the 'additional information' field & we will refund $50 back onto your credit card
- Please bring: wind breaker jacket (light Gore-tex type is best), riding clothes, sun screen & glasses, 2 litres of water plus your camera & a back pack
- Summer activity only (Nov - April)
- Weather dependent
- Non heli options available (see other Fat Tyre listing)
Prices & Options
- Cardona NZD$435.00
- Nevis NZD$635.00
Latest Questions about Mountain Biking - Fat Tyre Heli Biking
Can we bring our own bikes? Will it reduce the price?
Will arrive in queenstown on march 11 and will be leaving on 15th.
Would love to book a roaring meg but I am only one person.
Hopefully a spare spot will come up.
Please keep in touch.
Hey there, I am interested in the Cadrona Helibike bike trip but am a bit concerned about what your understanding off "intermediate" skills would be. I have been mountainbiking for 10 years now. last 4 been downhill. Owned a Glory 1 and have had some experience in jumping but however getting a bit old for big hits now (45) Therefore hoping it's still the type of ride that would be enjoyable without having to hop off all the time......e.g. are there big jumps/drop offs on this run?
Do you provide cycling s<em>%~</em>s or are we required to bring them or do we just wear sneakers??
We have our own mountain bikes, can we use them and if so is there a reduction in the price?
I am arriving in Queenstown 4th of April and staying till the 10th of April, will you be operating at this time. As it is stated operating times are Nov - Apr, is that inclusive of April or ends at the start of April.
96% of new customers that used Everything Queenstown to provide advice and securely book their Queenstown activities have let us know they've had a good or excellent experience with us. Thank you.